The Basic COI training webinar covers the following topics:
- What is country of origin information (COI), when can it be used and what are its limits
- How to frame research questions and develop a research strategy
- Identifying sources of COI that address these questions and applying practical research techniques
- Understanding quality criteria for researching, selecting and presenting COI
- Presenting COI to decision makers according to best practice in the UK
- How to request research from Asylos and ARC Foundation
In the specialised Child-Focused Country of Origin Information webinar, we will discuss the legal instruments and principles that lay out the various ways in which protection claims from children need to be treated differently to those from adults in refugee status determination procedures. This will include the various different considerations and legal interpretations that decision makers in the UK should apply when assessing children’s asylum claims, and what this means for UK-based researchers conducting child-focused COI. The workshop involves practical case studies to demonstrate how child specific issues can translate into appropriate research strategies.
All webinars will take place on Zoom. As a participant of any webinar, you will be asked to read our digital training handbook ahead of the session. As a participant of the child-focused webinar, you will be sent an additional handbook by email after the session. The Zoom link will be sent to you after registration.
Registration for this event is on a first come first served basis. If you register for the event but for whatever reason cannot eventually attend, we require you to let us know by emailing Lara Casalotti so that we can allocate your spot to someone else.
The data you provide on this form will not be shared with third parties. It will be used to process your registration, send you information about this webinar and follow up for feedback. We will delete your data after 12 months, unless you opt into receiving our newsletters.